Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake

Sometimes all you need is a perfect, basic cupcake recipe. A recipe that uses ingredients you have at home. A recipe that you can customize and make your own. Over the years, I have tried many vanilla cupcake recipes. When I say many, I really do mean a lot. None of them seemed just about perfect and they usually consisted of ingredients that I didn't keep on hand. This recipe only makes 12 cupcakes which I think is the perfect amount and it takes less time to make.


A while ago while I was searching for yet again, another so called 'perfect' vanilla cupcake recipe, I came across this one. It was the first recipe I found that only used the basics. I decided to try it out and boy was I surprised! These cupcakes were moist, tender, oh so vanilla, and had the perfect crumb to it!


I would definitely say to try these out because they are perfect! The best part about this recipe is that you can customize it to make your own. Add a little food coloring or use a different flavored extract. Whatever you do, this recipe always turns out amazing! 


Perfect Vanilla Cupcake

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick butter (you can use margarine to make it even more moist)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract (I used coconut extract and they tasted ah-mazing!)
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 hole cupcake tin.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy
  3. Mix in eggs one by one and then mix in the vanilla extract. Scrape sides as necessary and mix well.
  4. Add in the flour, baking powder, and milk. Mix until you have a smooth consistency.
  5. Fill the liners until 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  6. Cool and frost with whatever frosting you prefer (I used a simple buttercream and dyed it yellow)
  7. Decorate
  8. Enjoy!
Nadia


No comments:

Post a Comment