Friday, January 31, 2014

Delicious Creamy Avacado Dip

Avocado is a favorite in my household. Its very rich, creamy, and can be used in many dishes. They're also great for making hair and face masks! I love using them in sandwiches, salads, seasoned on a slice of bread, or even just as a side with my meal.  To me, avocados are like potatoes, they're sort of bland but the possibilities of what you can do with them are endless. You can incorporate so many delicious flavors into them.


Avocados are very nutritious too.They contain fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, and the good kind of fat and cholesterol your body needs. If you like avocados, like me, try to incorporate them into your diet, they're great!

My favorite way to have avocado is by making it into a dip to have with my favorite tortilla chips.
The other day I decided to make my avocado dip even creamier by using plain greek yogurt. It was SO creamy and fluffy and delicious so I decided to share the recipe :) My mom and I ate it all at once, it was that good.

 

Ingredients

  • 2 ripe Hass Avocados
  • 2 generous teaspoons of plain Chobani greek yogurt. You don't have to use Chobani, but it should be Greek because it will make it supah creamy! Fat or nonfat is up to you
  • Juice of a 1/3 of a medium sized lime
  • Fresh chopped cilantro
  • 1 medium sized Jalepeno. If you're not into spicy things, you can totally skip this part. 
  • Salt & black pepper to taste
  • Favorite tortilla chips
Directions
  1. Cut open your avocados and spoon them out. I like to run a knife through the halves and make a diced pattern, this makes spooning it out faster
  2. Using a fork, mash your avocados. My avocados were SOO creamy it was amazing. They were perfectly ripe. 
  3. Squeeze in lime juice
  4. Add in greek yogurt, cilantro, and chopped Jalepeno. Use as much Jalepeno as you desire, I'm desi so I like it hot ;) 
  5. Don't forget to thoroughly wash your hands after handling the Jalepeno, I rushed washing my hands like an idiot and then touched my face.
  6. Add salt and pepper as desired.
  7. Mix it all together, it should be super light, and creamy. 
  8. Enjoy with some tortilla chips and some company!
Naema


No comments:

Post a Comment