Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Daily Makeup Routine

Though this is a daily makeup routine, I actually don't wear makeup every day. I prefer that au naturale look. Even when I do wear makeup, it's a very simple look that really just enhances my features. I use this routine as my go-to when I want look just a little fancy shmancy. This makeup routine is using drugstore products that I always use, love, and swear by.

Drugstore Makeup Routine
1. Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer  3. Revlon PhotoReady Powder 4. Rimmel London Natural Bronzer 5. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush  6. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen 7. Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara  8. Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

My mother is all about no makeup which means she never really taught me how to wear makeup. I taught myself how to wear makeup and I'd like to think that I perfected the 'no-makeup' makeup look. This takes me about 5 minutes to put on, which is perfect for me because I'm always the last one out the door. Here is my current daily makeup routine:

Step 1: Prime. Prime. Prime. I never forget this step because it is so important. This Rimmel London primer is probably one of the best drugstore primers I have ever tried. It is very lightweight, making it easier to apply. It also blends in really well and makes my makeup last all day.
Step 2: For a more natural look, I tend to use concealer just under my eyes and on any other spots. I use my Maybelline concealer in Medium and then a damp beauty blender to blend it out. This concealer covers up my dark spots and it also brightens up under my eyes. It is not cakey at all which is a huge bonus.
Step 3: I apply my Revlon Photoready powder over the concealer to set it. This powder has a little bit of shimmer in it which I'm all for because I love me some shimmer. 
Step 4: Even though I do love my chubby cheeks, I still like to use a bronzer to chisel them just a bit. The Rimmel London Bronzer is really pigmented and also shimmery. I apply this on my cheekbones and on my temples and it gives me that gorgeous glow.
Step 5: Cream blushes are a must for me. They last all day long and looks natural. I use the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal and this stuff is so easy to blend out. It also is perfect to throw in your bag if you want to touch up and it gives me the perfectly flushed look. 
Step 6: I then use the Revlon Liquid Eye Pen and draw a very, very thin line on my lash line. This eye pen is really dark and I use it to thicken my lash line and make my eyelashes look a lot thicker and fuller. 
Step 7: I have naturally long lashes but I still like to use mascara to thicken them and make them darker. The Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara is amazing and doesn't clump at all. I love the double sided part which is honestly the main reason I bought it. 
Step 8: I finish off the look with a little bit of the Revlon Suede Lipstick. This goes on smooth and it has a nice shine so I don't have to wear lipgloss on top. I throw this in my purse and just reapply throughout the day because it doesn't really stay on for long. 

8 small steps that take only like 5 minutes to finish. This look just enhances my features and doesn't really make it look like I'm wearing makeup. I think it takes one Bollywood song to finish which is basically like 5 minutes. This is my go-to look and I love using these products!

Nadia


No comments:

Post a Comment