Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Favorite Egg & Cheese Quesadilla

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Im guilty of running out the door with an apple in my hand to munch on for later at school. On days when I'm free and not rushing like maniac to school, I like to slow down and treat myself to a delicious and hearty breakfast. I'm a fan of eggs because you can use them in so many ways, and even make them in so many ways, scrambled, an omelet, hard-boiled, poached, medium over runny... eggs are the best, seriously. Anyway, one of my favorite ways to use eggs is to scramble them and place them inside of a soft flour tortilla with some cheese and a sauce. This always taste amazing and when my brothers see me make it in the morning, they cant help themselves so they make one too. I posted a picture of it on instagram one morning and many people asked me how I make it. Its really simple, fast, and delicious! Let me show you how to make it:


Ingredients
  • 1 medium sized egg
  • 1 soft flour tortilla
  • Any kind of cheese you prefer. I like using 1 slice of American white cheese, fresh shredded mozzerella works great as well. You want your cheese to be either sliced or shredded so it melts fast.
  • A sauce or condiment that you prefer. I like using Sriracha, it gives my breakfast a little kick. You can also use Ranch or Mayonnaise.
  • An easy to cook vegetable. I like using pepperoncini from a jar. It provides a much needed crunch. You can also use tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, whatever floats your boat.
Directions
  • Start scrambling your egg in small pan
  • Place your desired vegetable into your almost scrambled egg and mix, add salt to taste. If you dont want any veggies in there thats fine too.
  • In a larger pan, place your soft flour tortilla on low-medium heat. Place your desired cheese on 1 side of the tortilla. Leave the other half of the tortilla empty.
  • Take your scrambled egg with the veggies and place it top of the cheese. Be sure to spread it evenly so you get deliciousness in every bite.
  • Lightly spread your favorite sauce on top of the eggs
  • With a spatula, lift the other side of the tortilla and fold it over the side with your eggs. Gently press it on top to ensure that it adheres. 
  • After about a minute, flip over the folded tortilla. It should be lightly browned and crisp. To check if it has browned or not, use your spatula to lift a corner and peek underneath. If it hasn't browned, leave it for a little longer before flipping it over.
  • Turn heat off after another minute, place your quesadilla on a plate and cut into it. I like to cut mine in thirds, its just the way i've always done it. 
  • Pour yourself some juice or coffee and enjoy!

I love having this with some juice and some greek yogurt with fresh fruit. I only get to eat like this on the weekends, but when I do it feels great :)

Naema

No comments:

Post a Comment