Thursday, January 16, 2014

Carrot Cake

If there's one thing I love the most, it's a good carrot cake. Carrot cake on a rainy day to be more exact. I love baking carrot cakes when it rains, and my mom, well she loves eating it. These past couple of weeks, she's been asking me to bake her a carrot cake so I finally baked one and it was amazing. I also baked it because I had a mixture of 2 cups flour and 2 cups sugar that was sitting in a container for weeks (it's a long story) and I had to use it. The recipe called for just that amount so it was a win win. I added a bit more carrot than I usually do and I also mixed in some pecans. It was the perfect carrot cake that was moist, yet still had that nice crunch to it.





Carrot Cake
Ingredients:

Cake:
  • 1-2 cups shredded carrots (I used 4 medium sized carrots)
  • 1 cup oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • 8 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
  3. Mix in the oil and eggs.
  4. Stir in the carrots and fold in the pecans.
  5. Grease your pan and pour in the batter.(I used two 9" pans)
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  7. For the frosting: Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. The frosting should be nice and thick.
  8. Spread frosting over the cake once it has cooled.
  9. Enjoy!

Nadia


No comments:

Post a Comment